The NRL Telstra Premiership is on hold this weekend for some representative must-watches including tonight’s 2015 ANZAC Test between the Australian Kangaroos and the New Zealand Kiwis at the old Lang Park, Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.
Australian Kangaroos v New Zealand Kiwis
- Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
- Friday 01/05/2015
- 7:45pm (AEST)
Get $2 for Australia to Win the ANZAC Test tonight only at Ladbrokes.com.au!
Not since 1953 has New Zealand beaten the Green & Gold in three consecutive Tests, but gone are the days since they didn’t present a threat.
They showed they could indeed show-up the Aussies with back-to-back Four Nation Test wins last year, form they’re hoping to continue when things kick off for Friday Night Footy.
It’s been a bloody long time between drinks for the Kiwis in the traditional Anzac Test match however with Australia winning the past 13 straight, and 14 of the 15 played all up between these two across-the-Tasman rivals.
ANZAC Test match betting on tonight’s Rugby League offering at Ladbrokes.com.au is going off with the head-to-head markets unsurprisingly led by Australia ($1.42) over the visitors New Zealand ($2.95).
But in an exclusive Test Match Special from Ladbrokes you can get Australia to win at a juicy $2!
So will they build on their imposing form in this arena, or is the value bet the Kiwis claiming bragging rights for the first time in too long for the Black & Whites?
Why Australia Can Win
- NZ have won just once in the second fixture (1998) with 14 going Australia’s way
- Four players are on debut here to New Zealand’s zero
- Lost twice to the Kiwis in the Four Nations 2014
- New Zealand haven’t beaten Australia in rep footy three times on the trot in over 60 years
- Billy Slater (shoulder), Justin Hodges (overlooked) and Paul Gallen (hip) might be out but the side is boosted by the return of Matt Scott and James Tamou
- Greg Inglis is more than an adequate fill-in in the No. 1 for Slater at the back
- The on-fire Cowboys skipper Johnathan Thurston is also back after missing the Four Nations
- Inglis, Thurston, Cooper Cronk and Cameron Smith are an imposing Test spine to try and break
- History in their favour
Kangaroos Team: 1. Greg Inglis, 2. Alex Johnston, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Will Chambers, 5. Josh Dugan, 6. Johnathan Thurston, 7. Cooper Cronk, 8. Matt Scott, 9. Cameron Smith (c), 10. Aaron Woods, 11. Greg Bird, 12. Sam Thaiday, 13. Corey Parker. Interchange: 14. Luke Lewis, 15. Trent Merrin, 16. Nate Myles, 17. James Tamou, 18. Daley Cherry-Evans, 20. Josh Papali. Coach: Tim Sheens.
Why New Zealand Can Win
- Confidence is high after two wins over Australia including the final of last year’s Four Nations
- Most of the Four Nations-winning side is back in business here
- Have an experienced side with no players on debut
- The Storm’s Jesse Bromwich is in red hot form in the front row running around 160m a week so he’ll be hard to stop
- A team full of good players in good form
- Some new Aussie combos and plays could be the Roos’ downfall
- Jason Nightingale – Shaun Kenny-Dowall outside combo looks imposing
Kiwis Team: 1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 2. Jason Nightingale, 3. Shaun Kenny-Dowall, 4. Peta Hiku, 5. Manu Vatuvei, 6. Kieran Foran, 7. Shaun Johnson, 8. Jesse Bromwich, 9. Issac Luke, 10. Ben Matulino, 11. Tohu Harris, 12. Kevin Proctor, 13. Simon Mannering. Interchange: 14. Thomas Leuluai, 15. Martin Taupau, 16. Sam Moa, 17. Greg Eastwood, 18. Lewis Brown. Coach: Steve Kearney.
Anzac Test Best Bet: Nightingale to score first try at $13 through Ladbrokes.com.au!
Anzac Test Odds
New Zealand $2.95
Test Special – Australia to Win $2
- Greg Inglis to score a try & Australia to win $2.80
- Manu Vatuvei to score a try & New Zealand to win $7.50
- Australia 1 – 12 $2.80
- Australia 13+ $2.60
- New Zealand 1 – 12 $4
- New Zealand 13+ $9.50
- Draw $21
First Try Scorer
- Alex Johnston (Australia) $8.50
- Josh Dugan (Australia) $9.50
- Greg Inglis (Australia) – $10
- Michael Jennings (Australia) – $10
- Will Chambers (Australia) – $11
- Manu Vatuvei (New Zealand) – $12
- Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New Zealand) – $13
- Jason Nightingale (New Zealand) – $13
So head to Ladbrokes.com.au now and get behind your country in the Trans-Tasman Rugby League mid-year Test at the best price!
*All odds quoted are provided by Ladbrokes.com.au and subject to change