The 2015 Holden State Of Origin series gets underway on Wednesday night with Sydney’s ANZ Stadium hosting Game 1 between the Queensland Maroons and the New South Wales Blues, and below we take a look at the best betting markets and promos for the hard-hitting clash.
$2.50 Blues Bonanza: Back NSW to win Game 1 at a juicy $2.50 through Ladbrokes.com.au!
State Of Origin 2015 – Game 1
- Wednesday May 27
- ANZ Stadium
- 8pm (AEST)
It is State vs State and Mate vs Mate in this Rugby League rep tournament dating back to 1980 when Queensland kicked off winning the inaugural five seasons of State Of Origin.
History shows the dominance of the Maroons over the years, the club now coached by Mal Meninga having won eight straight until last year when the Blues stole the show in 2014 for their first win in nearly a decade.
This season New South Wales shoot for two series wins on the trot, but they won’t have an easy time of it with a fired-up Queensland squad full of the game’s greatest, the first time since 2006 the Blues come in as the defending shield-owners.
The 2015 State Of Origin Game 1 Teams were released last week and despite some injury and illness concerns in camp Queensland, the Maroons are the dominant favourites to kick off the 2015 series with an away-from-home victory this week.
They pay $1.75 to the Blues’ $2.12 in the latest State Of Origin head-to-head markets at Ladbrokes.com.au.
For punter keen to take on Queensland the value is definitely there to be had at Ladbrokes who are running a generous $2.50 Blues Bonanza – $2.50 for New South Wales to win Game 1!
They will do it with a changed line-up to that which broke the drought last year however with the likes of skipper Paul Gallen (hip), Greg Bird (suspension) and Jarryd Hayne (change of codes) missing from the Blues squad in 2015.
That hasn’t stopped the confidence of their coach Laurie Daley in his second year and after his second series win.
Why the Blues Can Win Game 1
$2.50 at Ladbrokes.com.au
- Queensland is an ageing squad and showed last year they weren’t unbeatable
- Size of the Blues forward pack is going to count with a likely wet venue for Wednesday night in Sydney
- Limited style of footy has been their undoing but could work well in greasy conditions
- Boast the defensive edge in their halves-combo with 417 tackles to Queensland’s 324 stat-wise
- Queensland have won only 6 of 21 games (plus one draw) played between these two great rivals at ANZ Stadium and only 1 of the past 5 at the venue
- Injury concerns in the QLD squad with Slater (shoulder), GI (virus), Hodges (foot) and Cherry-Evans (elbow) all causing their coach grief
Why Queensland Can Win Game 1
$1.75 at Ladbrokes.com.au
- Blues are missing many key players that helped them to victory last year
- Won the last game played between the two with a massive Game 3 comeback despite losing the overall series in 2014
- Eight straight series victories up until last year is no mean feat
- Play near-perfect footy when they are on including imposing completion rates compared to the Blues
- Superstars of the game including Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith and Billy Slater make this an imposing squad despite their veteran status
- Have the edge statistically when it comes to try assists, line break assists, running game / average metres, tackle breaks and kicking-wise
What to Bet On
Ladbrokes are offering over 90 State Of Origin betting markets for the series opener, some of the best markets listed below.
$2.50 Blues Bonanza
- NSW to win Game 1 $2.50
Head-to-Head & Margin Markets
New South Wales to win $2.12
- By 1 – 12 $3
- By 13+ $6.50
Queensland to win $1.75
- By 1 – 12 $2.65
- By 13+ $4.75
Origin Footy Freaks Promo
- Daniel Tupou to score a try & New South Wales to win $5
- Josh Morris to score a try & New South Wales to win $6
- Ryan Hoffman to score a try & New South Wales to win $11
- Darius Boyd to score a try & Queensland to win $3.75
- Justin Hodges to score a try & Queensland to win $5
- Aidan Guerra to score a try & Queensland to win $9
First Tryscorer Markets – Best in Betting
- Darius Boyd (QLD) $9
- Will Chambers (QLD) $10
- Billy Slater (QLD) $11
- Greg Inglis (QLD) $11
- Daniel Tupou (NSW) $11
- Will Hopoate (NSW) $11
Head to Ladbrokes.com.au now to take advantage of their extensive and exclusive range of State Of Origin odds and betting options and enjoy up to $500 in bonus bets as a first time depositing player!